Appointment of The Hon Robert Hanson as Chairman and Change of Name

The management team of a leading investment banking boutique, previously called Strand Partners Limited, is pleased to announce that The Hon Robert Hanson has agreed to become Chairman of the company, which will be renamed Strand Hanson Limited (“Strand Hanson”) with effect from 15 October, 2009. In addition, Robert Hanson will acquire a minority shareholding in Strand Hanson.

Simon Raggett, Chief Executive of Strand Hanson, commented, “We are delighted to be announcing Robert’s involvement. We have been collaborating successfully on a number of projects for several months, during which time we have developed a close relationship with Robert and his team at Hanson Capital. Based on this experience, it was clear the two teams complement each other both in terms of skill sets and cultures. Robert brings substantial corporate experience and the ability to reach into new markets on our behalf, and we have the corporate advisory expertise and the energy to capitalise on our partnership.”

Robert Hanson, Chairman of Strand Hanson, said, “Strand are a young dynamic team and I have been impressed with their ability and their achievements, particularly in the short period since their MBO. Our combined global expertise is already opening a range of new opportunities for Strand Hanson, especially in emerging markets.”

Strand Hanson is also pleased to announce it has been appointed recently as Nominated Adviser to two of the largest companies, by market capitalisation, on AIM: Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited and Kalahari Minerals.

Background to Strand Hanson

In May 2009, Strand Hanson announced its successful management buyout of the company from its founding shareholders. The company is 90% owned by staff and the remaining 10% (previously held by EPIC Investment Partners) has now been acquired by Robert Hanson. Operating out of its head office in Mayfair, London, with a further office in South Africa, the Strand Hanson team will continue to focus on providing market leading, independent investment banking advice and will maintain its strong presence across the oil and gas and natural resources sectors – areas in which Robert Hanson has extensive experience.

Background to The Hon Robert Hanson

Robert Hanson joined N M Rothschild & Sons in 1983 where he initially worked in London and later at its subsidiaries in Hong Kong, Chile and Spain. In 1990, he joined Hanson PLC, becoming a main board director in 1992 responsible for strategy, mergers, acquisitions and disposals. Robert Hanson resigned from Hanson PLC at the end of 1997, after the demerger, to chair Hanson Transport Group. In 1998 he founded Hanson Capital Limited to capitalise on his worldwide network of close relationships with private venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, financiers and high net worth individuals. He is non executive director of Nasdaq-listed Ivanhoe Mines Ltd and of South Gobi Energy Resources Ltd. He is also non-executive director of; SUNWING Energy Ltd, the China-based oil and gas development subsidiary of Ivanhoe Energy Inc; Sport & Artist Management Ltd (a boutique sports marketing company); and ECL (e-commerce Logistics Ltd), a Hong Kong based company which provides fulfilment and logistics facilities in Greater China.

Further Enquiries:

Strand Hanson Limited:

Simon Raggett, Chief Executive

Tel: +44 (0)20 7409 3494

Cardew Group:

Tim Robertson
Shan Shan Willenbrock

Tel: +44 (0)20 7930 0777

For more information about Strand Hanson please visit our website at:

Notes to Editors:

Strand Hanson, an Official List Sponsor, AIM Nominated Adviser/Broker and PLUS market corporate adviser, is regulated by the Financial Services Authority. The company is focused on providing the highest quality financial and strategic advice to public and private corporates, financial sponsors and activist investors. In the last five years, Strand Hanson has been involved in primary and secondary fundraisings totalling circa £700 million and advised on M&A transactions with an aggregate value of circa £4.9 billion. Strand Hanson is a top 10 Nominated Adviser for FTSE AIM 100 Clients and is the market leader in the oil and gas sector on AIM*. Strand Hanson has offices in Mayfair, London and Cape Town, South Africa.

* Source: Hemscott Advisers Ranking Guide, July 2009